Here are answers to some of the questions we’ve been asked. As we get more information, we’ll add it to this list.
Programs will available for purchase beginning on Thursday at the second floor registration desk. The cost is $15.
- Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 2, 2016 7:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 3, 2016 7:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 4, 2016 7:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- The admission fee was paid at the time of entry and entitles family members and guests unlimited access to the Oireachtas ballrooms. (i.e. no wristbands will be sold during the event)
WHAT TIME DO THE BALLROOM DOORS OPEN?
- Doors open at 7 a.m. every day.
WHERE CAN DANCERS/TEAMS PICK UP THEIR NUMBERS?
- Numbers for competitors will be available at check in side stage, 30 minutes before the scheduled start of your competition. Ballrooms will close immediately after the last competition scheduled in those rooms (after awards in the main ballroom). The stages in all competition rooms may NOT be used for practice at any time, no exception.
WHERE CAN RESULTS BE PURCHASED?
- New this year! Results will be available for purchase online via www.quickfeis.com directly after competitions are announced in the evenings. Results will also be available for purchase on paper at the registration desk as they have been in the past. The cost of results will be $7 whether purchased online or in person. We hope the online sales will help to ease the lines for results at the end of each day.
PRACTICE ROOM HOURS:
The Practice Room, located at Johnson A/B on the ground floor in the conference center/annex, at the foot of the escalator, will be open from
- Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 2, 2016 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 3, 2016 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 4, 2016 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The practice area must be shared by all schools equitably and may not be taken over by a single school at any time.
Vendor sale hours are
- Thursday, December 1, 2016 4:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 2, 2016 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 3, 2016 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 4, 2016 7:00 a.m. – close
USED DRESS SALES:
- 2nd Time Around – An Irish Dress Sitting Service will be at the #SRO2016. They will be located in the Blake Room on the 2nd level just outside the Holiday Ballrooms located in the conference center/annex.
LOST AND FOUND:
- Any items left in any competition ballroom or practice room will be turned over to the lost and found department at the hotel each day. Please check with the hotel directly.
- The number of recalls will be based on the number of dancers who are present on stage for both the 1st and 2nd rounds of the competition. In the case where 20 or fewer dancers compete, all dancers will recall. When 21 or more dancers compete, then 50% of those dancers will recall. Any dancer who does not complete the first two rounds of a competition cannot be recalled to dance in the 3rd round. Please see page 11 of the syllabus for additional information.
- Per our negotiated contract with the host hotel, #SRO2016 attendees are able to receive a 50% discount off the hotel’s 2016 self-parking rate. This applies to both overnight and daily parking. It does NOT apply to valet parking.
- Please pick up your parking voucher at the #SRO2016 program sales desk (beginning at 7 p.m. on Thursday).
- There will be a Mass celebrated on Saturday evening in Holiday Ballroom #4 at 5:30 p.m.
What can you expect to find online during #SRO2016? As long as our internet connection is a good one, here’s what we’ll have:
- Daily Schedule of competitions posted in the morning
- Photos posted to Twitter and Instagram throughout the day (@idtanasr on both channels)
- Recalls once they are announced in the competition rooms, Teams recalled to awards once they are posted.
- Awards: Live tweeting of awards ceremony, photos on Instagram, Facebook Live feed of awards (internet permitting). Full award results of each competition posted at the conclusion of awards.
- Follow #SRO2016 (and share your content there, too!) for full coverage.